28 Feb Fabrication Estimator
Assist the Chief Estimator and the sales department in putting together a detailed estimate for the fabrication requirements for our customers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate cost estimates from inquiries assigned to you by the Chief Estimator or the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Prepare a material take off from customer supplied drawings and source pricing on material required.
- Prepare pricing for sub contractors required such as engineering, non- destructive testing, load testing, freight etc.
- Prepare labour take off using Labour Standards for each work centre.
- Estimate shipping package and protection require during shipment of machined items.
- Interact with production and QA personnel to clarify any concerns that could increase estimated costs.
- Once estimate is complete organize file and summarize key highlights, point out substitution of material and discuss with the Chief Estimator for further discussion on price
- If delivery is required review hours with the production manager for projected delivery dates.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Estimator requires a broad experience in both light and heavy fab shop environment
- Steel Fabrication and machining knowledge would be an asset
- Excellent blueprint reading
- Estimating Experience
- Machining understanding
- Excellent in computer skills
Education/Credentials and Experience:
- Trade papers in steel fab would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 5-year experience in steel fabrication shop
- Some estimating experience is required
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Exceptional attention to detail
Casual warehouse type environment
- Stairs and walking required
- Steel toe shoes
Successful candidate must provide a clean criminal record search prior to start date
We will provide you with a competitive compensation and company paid benefits package as well as an excellent opportunity to learn and grow in this dynamic environment. We offer an onsite cafeteria, parking, and we are a 5 min walk from the Sky Train. Please submit your resume below.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.